Will you be joining Sue Duris and me for the first #CXchat of many to come?
Sue and I talked about the fact that there hasn’t been a Twitter chat dedicated to customer experience since #cxochat, which ended a couple years ago.
Customer experience is such an important topic today that we wanted to come up with a way to continue to keep it front and center.
We’ve had great participation with these chats in the past (and chats on related topics), so we knew it would be worthwhile to resurrect one dedicated to customer experience.
Since #cxochat, a lot of new folks have joined this profession (and Twitter), so we hope y’all will participate in this weekly chat, even if you’re just lurking! (Don’t be shy! Don’t just lurk; we want to hear from you, too!)
Here’s what you need to know:
- #CXchat will take place on Twitter every Wednesday at 11am PT.
- Simply follow that hashtag, and chime in with your thoughts, answers, experiences, best practices, etc.
- It begins on Wednesday, September 6, 2017.
- Sometimes we will have guests relevant to the topic, while other times we’ll simply have a “roundtable” discussion.
- If you have a topic you’d love to see discussed, please reach out to either Sue or me, and we’ll get the topic added to the schedule. We’re trying to plan at least a month in advance.
Set your calendar to join us on September 6 and every Wednesday thereafter!
A little bit about our first chat, to get you primed for the discussion.
As customer experience professionals, we are tasked with transforming the customer experience, to reduce effort for our customers. Let’s think about ourselves today. How can we make our jobs easier?! How can we reduce effort when it comes to what we are trying to accomplish?
To that end, we’ll be addressing the following questions in the September 6 chat.
- What are some of the effortless things, if any, that we as CX professionals do? What’s the easy part of our roles?
- A CX transformation is a lot of heavy lifting! How do we reduce the effort for CX professionals? Is it possible?
- What are the greatest challenges to success in your role?
- What have you done to try to mitigate or to overcome those challenges?
- Are there any tools that you use regularly to streamline or simplify any part of the CX transformation work you do?
- Think about your CX transformation. Your focus has likely shifted from delighting to understanding and meeting needs. without going the extra mile.How would you use that same approach to transform the CX professional’s experience?
- Are there any books or resources that you’d recommend to other CX professionals that would give them a leg up on the work that lies ahead?
If you’ve never been part of a Twitter chat, here’s how it works.
- The chat begins promptly at 11am PT and lasts one hour.
- We will start with introductions. Say “hello” and introduce yourself as you join the chat.
- If we have a guest host, we will introduce that individual and then dive into the questions.
- To participate, all you need to do is tweet (answer the question, engage with participants) during the designated time using the #cxchat hashtag.
- Chat questions will be asked in the Q1, Q2, etc. format.
- When you respond, so that we can track your tweet/response to the question, please use A1, A2, etc. in response to the respective question. And don’t forget to include the #cxchat hashtag!
- No selling of products or services. This chat is informative and educational.
Buffer put together a great 101 resource about participating in Twitter chats. Check that out, if you aren’t familiar with them or need a refresher.
We look forward to tweeting with you on Wednesdays!
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. -Dr. Seuss
So excited you're starting this Annette! I'll definitely join when I can.
Thanks, Jeremy! Look forward to it!